About Me

Thanks for checking out our Blog Spot! We are so excited about Baby Urbanek and finally decided to share the step by step, day to day journey with the ones we love!! Hope you enjoy reading this as much as we enjoy posting!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I CANT STOP!!

I could have never imagined the day when I walked in a store and did NOT shop for myself!!  Well folks, that day is here!!!  Every time I enter a store I immediately run for the baby section!  I have bought more stuff for this baby boy than should be allowed by law!!!!  I CANT STOP!!!!  I was convinced when I found out that Slayte was a boy that I could not possibly spend as much money on a boy as I would a girl.......How wrong I was!!!  He has more clothes, shoes, blankets, etc than any unborn child should have!!!!  Not to mention the many things his family and Mommy's friends have bought!! 
But amongst all of the things to fill his closet and dresser, his baby bedding has been delivered and has been put in his bed. 
Speaking of his bed, it also is put up and the room is complete!!  Slaytes daddy even put new windows in his room and built a closet organizer to make it perfect for the little guys arrival!!!  I realize it seems a little early to call this project complete but here is my thinking.....................It is no guarantee that Mr. Slayte will stay on board for 40 complete weeks!!!  He may decide that he wants to make his big debut a little early!!!  NOT BEFORE 36 WEEKS!!!  But I would like to spend the next couple of months with my feet kicked up and not having to worry about his room being ready!!!  For ONCE in my life I am ahead of the game......or at least trying to be!!!! 
So now its time to start with the baby showers and all of the fun stuff!!  I have looked at many local stores and several online stores to create a registery!!  That is one difficult task!!  Naturally I want everything to be perfect so making the decision to pick a car seat, stroller, rocker, saucer,bouncy blah blah blah blah has been so hard for me!!!  John's task is to search for safety in each product ......mine is to make sure it all matches LOL!!!  And picking a diaper bag?????  REALLY???  There are so many to choose from........so many that are practical........others that are adorable............ones that have it all..........some too small, others too big!!!!!!!!  DECISIONS!!! 
None the less, we are SUPER READY!!!!!   Or as ready as two new parents can be...........Oh the many questions we have!!!!  Especially the questions with the answer "You won't know what works until he gets here!!!!!" 
I find myself looking at my friends facebook pages more more............the ones with kids anyways!!!!  You would be surprised the parenting advice people give and don't even realize it!!!!  ITS GREAT!! 
So as of now that is all I have to report!!!  Other than we have a 3D sonogram scheduled the first of April in Abilene!!  I will definitely post pictures when we get them.  But until then, I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week and to my teacher friends............ITS ALMOST SPRING BREAK!!!  This prego needs it BAD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment