About Me

Thanks for checking out our Blog Spot! We are so excited about Baby Urbanek and finally decided to share the step by step, day to day journey with the ones we love!! Hope you enjoy reading this as much as we enjoy posting!

Monday, February 28, 2011

More on Slayte

Well it may come as no surprise to some of you, but I am obviously not a very good blogger!!!  Sorry I have not updated in a while but things have been extremely busy around the Urbanek household!!!!  Since the last time this has been going on..........................

John finally returned from his long journey to New Mexico which made me very happy......only to find that I had to leave 2 days later for state competition in Ft. Worth.  But we are back together now and things are great!! 
My mom and I were so productive while he was gone.  Slaytes room went from a complete cluster to a work of art!!!  We managed to paint, lay carpet, put in new wall plates, hang a new fan and put furniture in place!  All we are lacking is the new windows, which are coming in this week!!!  Slaytes Daddy is building him a closet organizer just for the baby boy and it is looking great as well!!! 

Other than that nothing spectacular has happened really!  Slayte has managed to bank roll in clothes!!  Between my friends buying him clothes, his aunt Holly buying him boots, Nonna getting the "I love Grandma/Grandpa" outfits, and me going nuts at The Childrens Place, he is doing well!!!  I bought his baby bedding and am still sewing him blankets...............YES I SEW!!!  but only in straight lines. 

Im still doing great!!  Other than actively monitoring my salt intake (trying to be proactive) and choking down water, everthing is fine.............

I would like to add that I have FINALLY determined that the dirt spot in my belly button is really a freckle!!  It has now become a part of my OUTER belly instead of inside of my belly button!!!!!!
And to top off growing bigger by leaps and bounds, I had a student tell me today, "Mrs. Urbanek, I think you grow bigger every time I see you!!"  As if I dont know this already by the clothes not fitting and the constant struggle with tying my shoes!!!!!!!!  In my defense, she hasn't seen me since last Wednesday!!  Thats what I keep telling myself!!!
SO I kindly reminded her that if she wanted to pass my class she would come in tomorrow telling me how much I was glowing and that I was just the cutest pregnant woman around!!!  hahahaha

Friday is another Dr's appointment and as always we are extremely excited to hear our baby boy!!!  He is an active little turkey and is WIDE AWAKE every night around 10:30pm.  It doesn't help that his daddy picks on him by poking my belly and waking him up!!!!  But as expected, Slayte picks back with multiple kicks and punches!!!  We have a nightly game going on!!!

I will try to post pics of his room soon!!!!!!  Hope everyone has a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment